BRAIN / BOC INdy CD's and Royalties

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at INTERRAMP.COM
Thu Dec 28 21:31:57 EST 1995

Robo asks:
>I don't quite understand the bit about making money from radio airplay...how
>do they base your bonus on radio airplay?  if a DJ plays Cities on Flame by
>accident 3 times in a row, does that give ya mo' money?

Yes and even though many of you only hear Reaper and BFY, I'm getting paid
on many other tunes (I get a complete breakdown of all airplay from ASCAP),
like, Buck's Boogie, Cities, Vera, Tattoo, Career etc.

>where can one find
>out all this info before entering the music industry totally blind and
>getting robbed?

Two fine books about the nuts & bolts of the music business are, "All you
need to know about the MUSIC BUSINESS" by Donald Passman (Simon & Schuster)
and "This business of music" by Sidney Shemel and M. William Krasilovsky
(Billboard). Then there's many others like "Hit Men", "Mogels and Madmen"
and "Stiffed", all exciting non-fiction.