HW: new bootleg

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Fri Dec 29 05:51:55 EST 1995

>On the second christmas day I have visited in our townhall a recordfair.
>
>And to my surprise I've found a HAWKWIND bootleg I've never seen before!!
>
>Though the price was extremely high (60 DM = 40$ for one CD), I bought 2
>CD's from 2 different dealers, one for me and one for a friend.

[descriptions cut out]

>The CD is complete blank (gold) with no printing and no label number.
>
>Recording quality is very good, running time is about 70 minutes.
>
>It seems to me that this is a very rare bootleg. I do not want to sell it
>but swap for another rare HAWKWIND item.

I guess this is another CD Recordable - blank/gold CD / no printing, no
label numbers - and rumours of just a few pressed.

If this is the second CD-R boot, how many more is there to come?
Isn't this the Kollektor's Nightmare?
Soon almost everyone has the equipment needed to do an own run of 20 or 30
ex, and soon almost everyone would put out their own 20 or 30 ex
compilation, maybe based on the three Anthology vinyls...

Is the dye like the _Nova Drive_, gold on top - and green down under?

>Bernhard

\\joe