HW: new bootleg

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Sat Dec 30 10:35:11 EST 1995

>> Soon almost everyone has the equipment needed to do an own run of 20 or 30
>> ex, and soon almost everyone would put out their own 20 or 30 ex
>> compilation, maybe based on the three Anthology vinyls...
>
>Yes, depressing, isn't it?
>
>But, as I see it, we have but only one course of action: take a leaf
>out of Frank Zappa's book and BEAT THE BOOTS!
>
>CD-R works both ways.  It is just as easy, now, to bootleg the
>bootleggers.  If you are interested in the contents of a bootleg CD,
>and not the fact that it is (artificially) rare, then find someone who
>has it and copy it.  (This is when CD-R machines are widespread, of
>course.)  No reason we should be funnelling money into the pockets of
>bootleggers, now, is there?  If you find such a notion ethically
>troubling, simply think of it as trading audio tapes, but on shiny
>little discs instead.

hmm...
if you got an CD-R machine, you probably already got a good scanner and a
excellent color printer - and suddenly you're not too far away from a
complete boot of a bootleg...

>CD-R machines are not as rare as you might think.  They even have one
>in a lab here.

true...
any interest among the Hawkwind Kollektors here in this kind of business?

>Cheers,
>
>Paul.

cheers - \\joe

ObGig: Nik Turner & darXtar 16 Dec - cannot get it out of my head... (and
why should I?)