HW: Space Daze book

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Wed Nov 1 01:10:49 EST 1995

Yeah, I'm glad I bought this book, despite the kinda high price
($17.50). It's more helpful to me than it would be to lots of
list members here, who are more educated on "Space Rock". Just
finished Chapt. 3, which put a lot of stress on Pink Faries,
people named Took and Twink, Mick Farren and the Deviants (all
I knew about Farren is that he co-wrote "Lost Jonny") and his
other ventures. And...Mark Bolan and T. Rex! Didn't know T. rex
had been considered "Space Rock" or psyche. I guess this was
before they hit it big... All in all, Chapt 3 seemed like a
pretty impressice assessment of the underground space/psyche
scene of late '60s Britian, Lots of stuff about the underground
publications, clubs, festivals, etc.

Chuck