Ron Satanspawn

Duane Hoyt aa5287 at FREENET.LORAIN.OBERLIN.EDU
Wed Nov 1 17:51:37 EST 1995

>>  > First impressions, OK:  It would have been the best HW studio album in
>>  > several years, except for one thing.  Ron Tree is a bloody awful singer.
>>  > Why'd they hire this clown?
>>
>>Thank you, Andy.  Nice to know I'm not completely alone in my
>>assessment.
>>

>I think this is just keeping with tradition. From a purely technical
>standpoint all the HW vocalists have sucked IMHO. My favorite is Huwey-and as
>we all know-he sucked as well.
>
>regards,
>Bill Stewart

This line of discussion reminds me very much of the discussions we had long
ago after " Hall of the Mountain Grill" tour came around.
I remember such things being said as" What's with this violin?"
and basically I didn't hear too much positive about it at the time. ( I for
one, being a young, long haired metal-head was one of the ones that were
negative towards it.) Needless to say, as time passed, HotMG has stood the
test of time and remains one of their finer acheivements. I feel that time
will do the same for the present configuration of the band. HW has always been
a band of changes, and this is just another change in the metamorphisis of
the Hawk. I am only familiar with the Area S4 cd, and have seen Ron in the
last tour, and I think he brings something different to the table. I like
his style, and for those of you who don't, why worry, there will more than
likely be a different singer/lineup in another couple albums anyway:)

Duane

OBCD: Jean-Luc Ponty - No Absolute Time