All Hallows (Off topic)

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Nov 1 18:44:09 EST 1995

> Quite apart from the fact that you would unquestionably be arrested for
> "indecent exposure" "behaviour likely to cause an affray" or other
> quaint medieval puritanisms you would also undoubtedly hit the front
> page of the News of the World/The Sun/The Daily Meal/and most likely
> the Sunday Sport while the tales of horrified Cambridgeshire folk
> would be Legion - probably growing in exaggeration with every round.

        Well, no one on the hunt was ever indecently exposed in public,
but their attire was rather ... informal.  'Course, in Harvard Square
this caused very little stir ;)  I think the university paper usually
carried some small blurb about the hunt the next day, and occasionally
people would come up and ask if they hadn't seen you running through
the streets painted blue the other week :)

> You'd also probably end up with pneumonia too, but that's entirely by
> the way!

        Shockingly enough, despite the similar weather conditions
in both Cambridges this time of year, I don't think anyone ever got
ill as a result of this.  You actually stay pretty warm with all that
dashing about, etc. ......

Cheers,
Carl

ObTopicalRemark: perhaps HW should ditch the fire-eaters and just get some
        antlered people painted blue instead :)