Motorhead BBC1 7pm

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Thu Nov 2 16:57:04 EST 1995

Stephen Lindsey wonders:

> > > The heading says it all, Motorhead are on Top of the Pops tonight
>
> Isn't this the Fifth sign of the Apocalypse ????

I've seen Motorhead on _TotP_ a couple of times.  Once they did "Ace
of Spades" and another time they appeared with Girlschool, but I can't
remember what they did.  "Louie, Louie?"

Anyone remember the time Lemmy appeared on French & Saunders (or so I
recall), with a truckload of other notable guitarists (Dave Gilmour,
Gary Moore, Mark Knopfler, etc.)?  On trial was some guy who invented
a learn-to-play-the-guitar system that used little dots.  The
guitarists were brought on as witnesses for the prosecution, for it
was claimed they were helpless without the little dots to guide them.
Anyway, the punchline was "nah, the sketch'd never work; we'd never be
able to get them [the famous guitarists] to appear..."  It was pretty
neat.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Kyuss, _Blues For The Red Sun_