One thought at a Time Today

Fri Nov 3 11:22:25 EST 1995

A few comments on Adrian's thoughts (I always seem to have an opinion,
don't I? :-) ):

>BOC Unplugged in Vegas - Shame it didn't happen.  Perhaps this was one of
those things that was put together at the last minute. Maybe it wasn't
totally Rick's fault. I'm willing to call up eMpTV for an unplugged gig.

It would've been cool, but my understanding is that BOC wasn't really
doing an "unplugged" gig - it was more like they were gonna be at a radio
station for an interview and were gonna pick up a few instruments and play.
I've got an interview of Buck/Eric on the Howard Stearn show a few years
back where they handed Buck a guitar and he played and sang "The Reaper"
and "Godzilla".  I don't think you could equate that with an MTV unplugged
gig.

>Hawkwind Unplugged - Why not.  Certainly if Kiss can do it anyone can.

Sure, anyone can do an unplugged gig - personally though, this whole
"unplugged" thing has been WAY overblown.  Hey, it's cool for anybody
to do some of their music in a different style once in awhile (I heard
Billy Joel do a rap version of a Christmas tune in concert a few years
ago - how's that for different?), but the whole uniqueness of it is
lost if EVERYBODY has to do it just to be recognized.  And as far as MTV
goes, music is better off without it -- if I want a visual experience
with my music, I'll go to a concert.

>How far is Washington D.C. from Cleveland?

Looks like about 300 miles "as the crow flies" - my guess is you'll be
on the road at least 6-8 hours one way

>BOC in Cleveland - Tried to confirm this show through Cyberbaron

At the moment, it ain't on his web page.  While your're at it, ask him
to verify the North Adams show -- see if it's really Northampton, MA.

>Brain Surgeons Suprise - Will someone be brave enough to risk their life

Even if I knew it, I wouldn't divulge - when the Brain Surgeons are ready
to inform us, I'm sure they will, so we should respect that.  In the mean
time, I haven't noticed *Trepanation* or *Eponymous* as one of your "5
in the player" recently . . .

eMpTV BOC Unplugged Set list - In Thee, Reaper, Perfect Water, Astronomy, ME
262, Serachin' for Celine,   Unknown Tounges, with a closer of Blue Oyster
Cult

Any song could be done unplugged, and it would probably be cool (at least
to hear it that way once) - but a few of the songs mentioned haven't been
done live by the band for a few years, so don't hold your breath.

>If the Surgeons were to tour with Soundgarden shouldn't they (Surgeons) be
the headliners?  I think so.

Ditto.

John