HW: A Link ?

Paul G Ward sonique at AARDVARK.APANA.ORG.AU
Sun Nov 5 03:49:34 EST 1995

Gidday All,

I was reading the sunday paper today, and came across an article on
Australian band, Far From The Madding Crowd. I'm not sure what sort
of music they  play, but given the Hardian title, and the fact that
one of the member's was an opera student, I doubt seriously if it
could be considered anything remotely like Space Rock.

However, there are links:

1) They are one of only a few Australian bands who have played at the
   Glastonbury Festival (last year)
2) The band was formed by British ex-pat Harry Williamson, who has
   worked with Sting, Genesis and Peter Gabriel, toured as a Rolling
   Stones crew member, and played with "'70s progressive rock outfit
   Sphynx"
3) This is the one that caught my eye. The sax player's name is
   Robert Calvert!

It may not be much, but hey, what else do we Aussie's have to
contribute?

Paul
--

Paul Ward        aka: Assassin Sonique'      .---.  __  .--------   Long