HW: ALIEENN 4

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Sun Nov 5 08:27:24 EST 1995

I like this album.  I think Ron's voice fits the material well, the
production is good (though I thought the production of their other
recent albums was good too), everthing fits together well, and despite
the fact that there's more rock here than on IITBOTFTBD, they haven't
slipped back into a tedious mainstream rock style.  The only reservations
I have are the two White-Zone style instrumentals, which bored me live
and aren't much better on the album.  I far prefer the instrumentals on
ET and most of IITBOTFTBD.

I do agree that the vocals on Sputnik Stan would have been better left
as Davey singing alone.  But I really like Ron's message from the Alien
Federation -- it's fun.

No-one here has mentioned Festivals yet - I like this song.  The lyrics
are basically the poem on the sleeve of Palace Springs, and the music is
fast-paced bouncy rock.

ObCD: Penguin Cafe Orchestra - "Studio Concert".

Dave.