off topic-uk money?

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Mon Nov 6 14:08:45 EST 1995

> > And yes Al/Deb, I'll have a copy, soon as I figure a way round the pesky 7
> > quid or so for an IMO.
> >

> > Tim
> >
> > ObCD: Blues Traveler - "Save His Soul"
> >
> alright now i may be the only one not to know but how much is a quid?
> more than a pound? and what the hell is a pence? your monetary sysyem/slang
> is confusing to this alabama boy. please can someone explain -this has
> been bothering me for a while-
> thanks mike psyche

mmmmmmmmm....

12 pence = 1 shilling     24 shillings =   oooops - that's wrong!!!
sorry - forgot where I was for a moment....!    We abandoned the
Sumerian stuff a while ago now 8-)

            ====================

In fact there's virtually no difference now between the US and UK
money systems.

100 pence = 1 UK pound.     The slang for pound = quid (not sure why
unless it relates to the price that tobacco used to be???)

As far as money exchange is concerned I think the pound is standing at
about 1 UK pound = 1.56 US dollars.

Hope this helps  8-)

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk