HW: Robert Calvert

Duane Hoyt aa5287 at FREENET.LORAIN.OBERLIN.EDU
Tue Nov 7 06:32:08 EST 1995

Hello fellow Hawkfans,

The other day I was in a local record store and ran across a cd in the
import section by the name of Robert Calvert - Captain Lockheed and the
Starfighters. I know this is rare on vinyl these days, but does anybody
know how available this has been made on cd release? It was kinda pricey
( $20.95 ), but I traded my Annubian Lights cd ( which I found I liked less
and less the more I listened to it ) and brought my actual cost down
a bit. I was sorta surprised to see the majority of HW listed as players
on this, as being a solo effort, I always assumed he did this totally
apart from the Hawks. Also, I see credits for a person by the name of
Twink, and I have seen this Twink reffered to in conversation on the
group.  Who is Twink? Anyway, when I listened to this cd, I was
ROTFLMAO, listening to the parts that re-enact the Germans negotiating
and buying the planes, also the part where the two mechanics are
discussing the loose engine was quite funny also.  Needless to say
the music is excellent.  I especially like Widow Maker, and Right Stuff
in their original studio forms.

Duane

OBCD: Sade - No Ordianary Love