off topic: PT Transmission # 1 -Forwarded

Yuri Gagarin A.Wilson at DERBY.AC.UK
Tue Nov 7 08:52:00 EST 1995

** Reply Requested by 1/1/1970 (Thursday) **
thought the attached might be ov some interest to porky tree fans out there
        Date:  11/06/1995  10:05 pm  (Monday)
        From:  staff.SMTP."delerium at mail.bogo.co.uk"
          To:  staff.accad(sadm771),staff.SMTP("jp at deadhead.geac.co.uk","doveren at knoware.nl","awol at cix.compulink.co.uk","rbeck at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk", . . .
     Subject:  PT Transmission # 1

PT Transmission # 1

Hi there!
Although in the past I've sent out a few bits of info to you all, I'd like
to suggest that we make this into an open Porcupine Tree Usergroup for
anyone interested in PT's music and suchlike to send in mail to be sent to
the rest of us. There's relatively few of us at the moment, but having
subscribed myself to a few Usergroups, it seems like a good way to share
information and views of common interest, without the spamming etc that you
seem to get on some Newsgroups. If you're not interested in this please let
me know - I'll still forward PT News, but won't pass on views/comments etc etc.

If you're up for it and want to post anything to the rest of the group, send
the Email to me, with the subject header PT Transmission and I'll pass it on
in digest format.

Anyway now to the most recent new:
Apologies if this info duplicates in part any previous mailing!

Porcupine Tree are on the road again... The Nov 17th gig at The Garage,
London has been cancelled, but the band are pencilled in for two UK gigs:

Friday 1st December, with Ozric Tentacles, Roy Harper and Ultramarine at The
Forum, Kentish Town, London. B/O 0171 344 0044. PT will be first on, so be
sure to get there early!

Saturday 2nd December, with Ozric Tentacles at Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton.
B/O 01902 312030.

Please note that PT will NOT be playing with Ozrics in Glasgow on 6th
December - this was advertised without our knowledge, and unfortunately the
band aren't able to make that date due to other commitments.

PT are also playing in Athens, Greece on 23rd December...

Other News:
The _Voyage 34_ single has now sold out in all formats, so the song is only
now available as the Remix 12", and of course the 12 min version on the Pick
& Mix sampler.

The _Up The Downstair_ and _Sky Moves_ albums have been released on cassette
in Poland! We've managed to get a few copies which are 6 UK pounds each in
the UK, or 11.25 UK pounds for the two in the UK. Elsewhere Email me for
prices! The music is the same as the UK releases, but the lyrics have been
translated into Polish!

Finally there's a UK Porcupine Tree fanzine being started by Steve Freight
and Guy Thomas. They're just finishing off the first issue, and I'll post
details once they're finalised.

Cheers for now!
Ivor