HW: Robert Calvert

CHARLES THE GRINNING BOY grant_c%wglim1.DNET at SB.COM
Tue Nov 7 11:50:52 EST 1995

>Twink was in Pink Fairies way back in the early days of Hawkwind when
>Paul Rudolph, Lemmy and Alan Powell (?) were in PF. Or something like
>that. Jill will know.

Not normally replying to HW posts (not being an afficiando) I
beleive the Fairies line up was:

Russell Hunter: Drums
Twink: Drums
Duncan (Sandy) Sanderson: Bass
Paul Rudolph: Guitar

Twink left after the first album (Never Never Land) and the band went to
a 3 piece for the What a Bunch of Sweeties album. The third album,
Kings of Oblivion, was recorded with Larry Wallace replacing Paul
Rudolph.
Two other LP's were release: A collection on Polydor with all the
singles included, and a Live (AT The Roundhouse) LP (i was there,
I think it was my birthday).
Also a single, Betwwen the Lines, was released on stiff in about 1977.

I expect this is all old news, but I used to love the Fairies (still
do)

This info maybe slightly wrong as things are a bit rusty in my brain.

Also I think they reformed for a while a few years ago and may even
have done some recording.

.......Charlie.       grant_c%wglim1.dnet at sb.com