HW: Festival poem & Palace Springs

Rob S etlrbsy at ETLXDMX.ERICSSON.SE
Wed Nov 8 10:32:27 EST 1995

> > No-one here has mentioned Festivals yet - I like this song.  The lyrics
>
> Ahhh this poem again:-) A good friend of mine asked Chadwick about the
> significance of this poem.  Chadwick pensivley replied that 'the poem is
> something from the past-that members of HW will not discuss. It was a painful
> time for the band'.
> Can anyone shed any light on this topic.

    My guess is that it is something to do with the band's bus
   getting trashed by a vicious group of travellers called the
   "Brew Crew" at a free-festival near Brighton in the eighties.
    I gather this is why they haven't played many free-festivals
   since, but I don't know exact details of what happened that
   day.

  bye - Rob