Watt Credits

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Thu Nov 9 09:41:51 EST 1995

John A Swartz writes:

> All in all, a very cool version of the song which pays fitting tribute to
> the original version, yet with just enough changes to give it a 90's feel.
> Kudos to all involved, and let's hope Watt will consider getting it on
> his next album, or perhaps engaging in future collaborations with the
> Bouchard's.

I'll second that!!  I bought _Ball-Hog or Tugboat_ recently and loved
it.  But, I couldn't help wishing they'd ditched the rather poor yet
overly extended ranting of Kathleen Hanna (I think that's right) for
the Bouchard collaboration---especially after reading your review,
John!

Btw, I dig the guitar angst of J. Mascis on "Maggot Brain."  Some day
ALL guitars will be this overdriven...

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: The Bevis Frond, _Inner Marshland_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.