Problem printing HW Cover tapes (and fix)

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Thu Nov 9 11:05:25 EST 1995

       Allan has brought to my attention a problem with printing the
       PostScript job, on _SOME_ printers.  Depending on the base system
       and the I/O connection used to actually transmit the print job to
       your PostScript printer, it may or may not print.

       The bug is an ASCII End_of_File marker (also called Control-D) that
       precedes and follows the print job.  This is output automatically
       by my PC-based package (Pagemaker); however, this probably blows up
       any Macs that try to print it.  It also plays havok with some I/O
       methods.

       I have already stripped the Control-Ds and have a new version ready
       to go.  I will upload a new HWCOVER1.ZIP to csgrad.cs.vt.edu within
       the next hour.

       Captain Cloud