Very Off Topic Re: Problem printing HW Cover tapes (and fix)

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Thu Nov 9 13:25:22 EST 1995

>        Allan has brought to my attention a problem with printing the
>        PostScript job, on _SOME_ printers.  Depending on the base system
>        and the I/O connection used to actually transmit the print job to
>        your PostScript printer, it may or may not print.
>
>        The bug is an ASCII End_of_File marker (also called Control-D) that
>        precedes and follows the print job.  This is output automatically
>        by my PC-based package (Pagemaker); however, this probably blows up
>        any Macs that try to print it.  It also plays havok with some I/O
>        methods.

Ack!!

Peeve mode ON

This kind of thing is what has probably been screwing up all our
Postscript printers since the beginning of term (i.e:  October 9th!!).
And it *still* ain't fixed......     Only wish I knew enough to do summat
about it.

Peeve mode OFF

sigh

jill