Drum solos

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Fri Nov 10 10:08:52 EST 1995

m Right, now you're going to get it, some things just can't escape comment
> however busy I am. I was going to suggest earlier that anybody
> looking for a *really* good drum solo should check out the mother
> of them all, 'Toad' by our own Ginger Baker (on the 'Wheels of Fire'
> album by Cream). I mean this is the high point of the art, the standard
> by which all other drum solos have to be measured. and here we have
> a person with absolutely no taste whatsoever suggesting that one
> go to the bar while the one, the only, incomparable Ginger demonstrates
> how pointless it is anybody ever trying to hit anything with a stick,
> without being laughed at as 'Yes but you should hear Ginger Baker do that...'
>
> I mean I'm speechless
>
> <"                                       ">
>
> ...see ?
>
> Seriously everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but this Andy guy
> is definitely working undercover for some form of demonic
> power in order to pervert unsuspecting innocents  ;-) :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Steve L. [resident Ginger B nut]
>Steve,
Sorry, but the alltime mother of drum solos is played by Carl Palmer
during Karn Evil 9 on the live ELP 'Welcome Back...' I think he dusts
Baker and anyone else.  It's the most melodic drum solo I ever heard,
and I'd argue the most creative.  Strictly MHO
ted