Drum solos

Stephen Swann swann at PHANTOM.COM
Fri Nov 10 16:00:55 EST 1995

> From: Andrew Gilham <emphyrio at CIX.COMPULINK.CO.UK>

> I think I upset Steve:
>
> > > were a chance to go to the bar.  Case in point, Ginger Baker's solo in
> > > the middle of "Brainstorm" (on the HW _Levitation '80_ tour).  All
> > > very
> > > clever, and all very pointless.
> >
> > Right, now you're going to get it, some things just can't escape comment
> > however busy I am.
>
> Cor, I don't think I've taken this much stick since I slagged _Live
> Chronicles_! :)

I didn't see the original attribution, so maybe this is a different Steve
you're talking about.  But it looks like you've mistaken some other poster
for me.  Understandable, since sometimes it seems like my mission in life
is to run around this list spanking you for all the nonsense things you
say.  ;-)

In this case, though, I agree with you.  Ginger Baker is normally a
wonderful drummer, but somehow this has gotten to his head, and made him
think that we want to listen to him a lot more than we really do.  A
drummer with a guitar player's ego is a terrible thing indeed.  ;-)

Steve