Drum solos

Stephen Lindsey stephen at SYSTEM9.UNISYS.COM
Fri Nov 10 16:31:35 EST 1995

Steve 'Spawn of Satan' Swann sez:

> In this case, though, I agree with you.  Ginger Baker is normally a
> wonderful drummer, but somehow this has gotten to his head, and made him
> think that we want to listen to him a lot more than we really do.  A
> drummer with a guitar player's ego is a terrible thing indeed.  ;-)
>
> Steve

Right, you too ! You're on the list now!, you guys think just cuz you've
long hair covering that little "666" on the back of your head (and obviously
your earlugs too) that you're safe ! Well just keep on thinking that, cos
one of these days me and the rest of the GBIAGS (Ginger Baker Is  A God Society)
are going come round and play a double bass drum solo on something that'll
really hurt, just when you least expect it.

As for you Carl Palmer fans well the only reason you folks ain't getting it yet,
is beacuse I haven't heard the ELP solo you mention but I've got to wonder,
what  did you say the name of the album was ? "Karn *Evil* 9" sounds
pretty damn suspicious to me !

[Sorry its Friday what can I say :-) ]

Cheers,
Steve L.

Anybody looking for good recent Ginger baker might want to try
Unseen Rain (all instrumental drums/bass/piano with Jonas Hellborg and
someone else pretty jazzy but really good atmospheric stuff) or maybe
Middle Pasages from a few years ago with Jah Wobble on bass, this
is again all instrumental but much in a rock context and actually
starts to sound Floydish in places. I'd stay away from the BBM stuff,
he's a lot better playing Jazz stylings these days than straight rock.