Karn Evil

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Fri Nov 10 20:42:48 EST 1995

> is beacuse I haven't heard the ELP solo you mention but I've got to wonder,
> what  did you say the name of the album was ? "Karn *Evil* 9" sounds
> pretty damn suspicious to me !

Ah - such ignorance!   It's a wordplay derived from "Carnival".
Listening to it though always makes me think of Ray Bradbury's scary
Carnival stories - particularly the one where the horses on the
merry-go-round go backwards and reverse the passage of Time as well.  I
suspect Bradbury is why Moorcock had such a subconscious fascination
with fairground stuff - though it may just be another case of parallel
evolution in action.

> [Sorry its Friday what can I say :-) ]

Ah the weak-end

"Welcome Now My Friends/To The Show That Never Ends
We're So Glad You Could Attend/Come Inside, Come Inside...."

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk