HW: Cover Covers Comments

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Sun Nov 12 02:10:32 EST 1995

Hi,
Just found a postscript printer to print the downloaded cover cover on :o)

First impressions:
Looks good! Looks professional!

Front side:  Twinheaded Hawk standing on the Blue Oyster Cross, spreading
his Radio Wave Wings over the Earth.
Beside is tracklist (no Swedish covers on Vol I!?!) taking 60% of front cover.

Inside:  BOC-l disclaimer, added with BOC-l Internet adresse in courier (?)
and an incarnation of the Space Ritual logo.

Shelf side (the side you see when put on a shelf)
First section (40%) is the logo of the series "Hawkwind Covers All" -
"Hawkwind" in HotMG style, and "Covers All" in smaller Rodney Matthews font
below. Next section is the tape's name: "Volume I: I am a Clone / I am not
alone". Last is a dark circle with a white twin headed hawk/spreaded wings.

Back side: Dark background/ light text "Hawkwind Covers All"

I buy this work as it is - no change really needed - but this is my $0.02 to
making a good thing looks better (IMHO, of course):

   Back side and Shelf side - cannot improve this - the dark circle with the
twin headed hawk is a hit - exactly right picture in right place :o)
   Front side - let the Nethawks logo fill the whole side - try to find
another (hotter) font for "Nethawks". Move the tracklist to inside.
   Inside - turn the the BOC-l disclaimer 90 degrees and make it much
smaller, don't think it's nessecary it takes 75% of side. Put it on side
bottom. Let the tracklist from front side be on top of this side -  and if
space left over, let the Space Ritual logo be in the middle. And take away
the BOC-l adresse from this side - it's enough to have it on front side (or
at least change font - courier don't fits here - and put it inside the
disclaimer: "...produced by the BOC-l Mailing List - boc-l at spcvxa.spc.edu -
as a labor of love..."

comments?

\\joe\do look forward to see volume II