BBM

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Mon Nov 13 07:30:55 EST 1995

> Stephen Lindsey writes:
>
> > starts to sound Floydish in places. I'd stay away from the BBM stuff,
> > he's a lot better playing Jazz stylings these days than straight rock.
>
> Hmmm...  I was going to ask if anyone could tell me anything about the
> BBM stuff as I saw it in a shop a while ago but passed on it due to
> financial considerations.  I've always had a big soft spot for Gary
> Moore, so when I saw him teamed up with notables such as Ginger Baker
> and Jack Bruce, it quite understandably raised an eyebrow.  But from
> what you say, it's not very good.  Anything in particular, or is it
> just bland?  It's odd that they're playing straight rock, given the
> blues kick Moore has been on, and the normal jazz leanings of Bruce...
>
> Cheers,

What've you been smoking, and can you get me some?  BBM is a killer
record, in fact, it's the Cream reuinion with Gary on Gtr.  The only
criticism is that is sounds too much like a Cream record.  Definitely
get a copy and check it out. As for Gary being better on the jazzy
stuff, I think you should have added IMHO, 'cause IMHO his rocked out
stuff was by far the best, even better than the current blues stuff.
Anyway, BBM is definitely worth a listen
theo