BBM

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Mon Nov 13 08:07:16 EST 1995

Ted O. Jackson writes:

> What've you been smoking, and can you get me some?  BBM is a killer
> record, in fact, it's the Cream reuinion with Gary on Gtr.  The only
> criticism is that is sounds too much like a Cream record.  Definitely
> get a copy and check it out. As for Gary being better on the jazzy
> stuff, I think you should have added IMHO, 'cause IMHO his rocked out
> stuff was by far the best, even better than the current blues stuff.
> Anyway, BBM is definitely worth a listen

Okay, so now I have one yes and one no vote for this.  Anyone care to
cast the deciding vote??

I don't remember saying Gary was better on the jazzy stuff, mainly
because I don't think I've heard him playing jazz.  I agree his rock
output really kicks.  One of my favourite Moore albums is _Rockin'
Every Night: Gary Moore Live in Japan_.  (Is this available on CD???)
The solo on "Can't Wait Until Tomorrow" is incredible!  Smokin' cover
of Free's "Wishing Well", too...

I like his blues stuff quite a lot, also (but prefer Elmore James'
original of "The Sky Is Crying").  Personally, I think Mr. Moore is
much underrated.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Gary Moore, "As The Years Go Passing By", _Still Got The Blues_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.