MM and carnivals (was Re: Karn Evil)

Allan T Grohe Jr iscladoc at FALCON.CC.UKANS.EDU
Mon Nov 13 10:55:42 EST 1995

On Sun, 12 Nov 1995, J Strobridge wrote:

> > > suspect Bradbury is why Moorcock had such a subconscious fascination
> > > with fairground stuff - though it may just be another case of parallel
> > > evolution in action.
> >
> > Other than his stuff with the Deep Fix, I'm unaware of MM carvial's
> > fascination:  care to expand on the comment?  Please? :-)
>
> I just remembered him mentioning this in the question and answer
> interview MM gave us a while back.
>
> I've just checked it up again and (on the understanding, as we originally
> requested, that copies are not made and distributed without first asking
> our permission) I enclose the relevant extract below.   The Questions
> are composed by Mike Holmes, the answers are MMs  as expressed on a tape
> which we subsequently transcribed.

[interview snipped]

Must be nice to have such a good memory--my copy of the interview is
happily saved and I didn't recall it at all ;-)

Thanks Jill,

Allan.

Allan T. Grohe, Jr.                     Nomad of the Time Streams #159
iscladoc at falcon.cc.ukans.edu            Keeper of _The Dead Gods Book_
iscladoc at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

        "Farewell, friend.  I was a thousand times more evil than thou."
                - Michael Moorcock, _Stormbringer_