BOC - Alice In Chains connection?

S. F. Yee travsboc at CRL.COM
Mon Nov 13 23:31:53 EST 1995

A few club tours ago (circa 1991), Eric Bloom wore an Alice In Chains
t-shirt while performing here at Slim's (SF).  This I thought was
somewhat curious & decided to check out AIC'S "Dirt" & later their "Jar
of Flies."  Am the only one here who hears certain similarities
between these 2 bands besides Eyes?

Lots of minor chords, air of deep dark depression, moody, brooding &
dangerous...listen to the latter's "Would?" or "Rooster."  AIC are not
BOC but there is a definite stylistic influence that I think Eric picked
up on.  Comments?

S.F.
graphic artist melne tells me she had to actually purchase her own copy
of "cult classic," which she did the cover art for