BOC - Alice In Chains connection?

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Tue Nov 14 08:09:58 EST 1995

> of Flies."  Am the only one here who hears certain similarities
> between these 2 bands besides Eyes?
>
> Lots of minor chords, air of deep dark depression, moody, brooding &
> dangerous...listen to the latter's "Would?" or "Rooster."  AIC are not
> BOC but there is a definite stylistic influence that I think Eric picked
> up on.  Comments?
>
> S.F.
> graphic artist melne tells me she had to actually purchase her own copy
> of "cult classic," which she did the cover art for
S.F.,
Interesting parallels, but I don't see AIC as having even a shred of
the BOC humor.  BOC has it's collective tongue firmly in cheek, and I
don't get any hint of humor from AIC, though I haven't heard the new
album yet.  Also, I get a very heavy drug, almost smacked-out feeling
from AIC, wheras the Oysters seem to have their feet at least
partially on the ground.
theo