BOC Cover Project?

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Tue Nov 14 11:50:00 EST 1995

>AB,

>     I dunno. As I said, there are a number of covers out
>there, as some people on this lost have pointed out, but as to
>how many are actually owned by people on the list, ya got me. I
>don't own any either. There is, of course, Watt's songs, one of
>which does feature the Bouchard bros, perhaps not making it a
>full-fledged cover...but we're desperate here, right?? :) Also,
>a lot of the covers would be DFtR, so we'd have to endure that
>just as the Hawkers must endure the zillions of "Silver
>Machine" takes...

>Chuck

Your probably right there Chuck as I was attempting to find the post with
the complete list of covers, it dawned on me that most were the same songs
D&S and Hot Rails to Hell.  Would probably make for a boring tape.  Now a
light just turned on (oooh the coffee is good this morning) when I saw the
AIC post.  What if we compiled a tape of groups that appear to have some
type of BOC influence in their music.  Twould be subjective of course but if
people were to nominate a song or two that they feel encompassed some aspect
of BOC we could compile it and let the list vote.  I have a few songs that I
feel fit in this category, some Saigon Kick and (are you ready for this)
Stone Temple Pilots come to mind.  Anybody else interested in giving this a
try?

AB