BOC Cover Project?

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Tue Nov 14 10:25:11 EST 1995

> Your probably right there Chuck as I was attempting to find the post with
> the complete list of covers, it dawned on me that most were the same songs
> D&S and Hot Rails to Hell.  Would probably make for a boring tape.  Now a
> light just turned on (oooh the coffee is good this morning) when I saw the
> AIC post.  What if we compiled a tape of groups that appear to have some
> type of BOC influence in their music.  Twould be subjective of course but if
> people were to nominate a song or two that they feel encompassed some aspect
> of BOC we could compile it and let the list vote.  I have a few songs that I
> feel fit in this category, some Saigon Kick and (are you ready for this)
> Stone Temple Pilots come to mind.  Anybody else interested in giving this a
> try?
>
> AB

AB,
Interesting concept, though I doubt it would be easy to cite bands
that can really capture the BOC combination of musicainship, lyrical
creativity and most important--humor (I know, a re-hash of my AIC
diatribe).  All these damned bands are so serious!  Guys, lighten up,
it's only rock 'n' roll, not (ouch) Brain Surgery!
theo
ps
AB, which Saigon Kick tunes were you thinking of?