Kerrang!

Andrew Gilham emphyrio at CIX.COMPULINK.CO.UK
Tue Nov 14 16:13:00 EST 1995

> >        I was looking through the Kerrang Direktory (sic) of Heavy
> > Metal the
> >other day & I thought that the BOC entry might interest a few of you.
> >        BOC got a longer listing than most bands as they are (quite
> > rightly,
> >IMHO) one of the big K's all time top 50 bands.
>
> Hey Imaginos,
> Can you list all top 50?

I've had this very useful, (in general) very sound, and very funny book
for some time.  I'd totally recommend it to anyone on boc-l.

The top 50 list is pretty much as you'd expect, given the date (1993),
which means there's perhaps more prominence given to the Seattle bands
than we'd now expect.  I've no intention of listing them all, except it
runs from AC/DC to ZZ Top...  get your own copy! :)

Hawkwind get a sizeable entry, but no K!, which I take to mean that they
recognise their importance but don't really consider them metal.  They
give similar sized entries (with no K!) to Neil Young and Jimi Hendrix,
and again I take the reasoning to be similar.

Bands which I might have expected to have been given a K! and haven't,
include Budgie, and, erm, well...  in other words, it's a solid list,
comprised of all the people you'd expect.

(Plus, when someone mentions some terminally unhip big-hair band from the
'80s, you can usually find out all about them. :)

- Andy