OFF TOPIC: Spacious Mind prices (and where)

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Tue Nov 14 18:39:57 EST 1995

       I have hunted for Spacious Mind releases in the US before, and here
       are the companys I have found that carry/have carried them:

       - Ken Golden at Laser's Edge was listing "Organic Mind Solution" in
         his catalog last Winter, for $17.  I have not dealt with Ken
         _recently_, so I cannot vouch as to whether he still carries it.
         Anybody got the latest Laser's Edge catalog?

       - RPM Records in Texas (rpmrecords.metronet.com) has also carried
         both OMS and "Cosmic Minds at Play" before -- this is where I
         finally ordered my copies from.  Both are *currently* listed as
         available, right now, for $21 each.

       - A company in Goldmine called Sonic Confusion (sonicnfusn at aol.com)
         has regularly listed Spacious Mind releases in their ads.  Their
         most recent ad (August) listed the new 2LP for $30.  I have
         called and chatted with the psych guy at this place, and he is
         definitely into Sp.Mind personally.  Warning tho:  I have also
         called for information before and been told that both guys
         running the place were out of the country for a MONTH, and all
         placed orders were awaiting their return (!).  Caveat Emptor (for
         now).

       - I have heard of friends finding OMS at other places around the
         country, typically around $23 or $24.  Not too many people seem
         to have stumbled across CMaP.  Nobody (except Sonic Confusion)
         seems to even know about "Sleepy Eyes and Butterflies".

       I for one would be interested in a quote for the new CD "Sailing
       the Seagoat" (what a great name!), as well as finding out if the
       "Sleepy Eyes.." is planned for a CD release.  If not, then a quote
       on that one too.

       ..assuming that there is enough BOC-L interest to warrant a
       communal overseas purchase...

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at ccmail.sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com