Kerrang! Top 50

Imaginos cis4 at ABER.AC.UK
Wed Nov 15 08:20:33 EST 1995

The Kerrang all time top 50 for services to metal, past & present.
(Yes I'm a masochist.)
In alphabetical order 9 No rankings given in the book.

AC/DC
Aerosmith
Alice in Chains
Anthrax
Black Crowes
Black Sabbath
Blue Oyster Cult
Bon Jovi
Alice Cooper
Death
Deep Purple
Def Leppard
Diamond Head
Faith No More
Foreigner
Guns n'Roses
Heart
Iron Maiden
Janes Addiction
Journey
Judas Priest
Kiss
Led Zeppelin
Manowar
Megadeth
Metallica
Montrose
Motley Crue
Motorhead
Nirvana
Ted Nugent
Ozzy Osbourne
Pearl Jam
Robert Plant
Queen
Queensrhyche
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dvid Lee Roth
Rush
Scorpions
Sepultura
Skid Row
Slayer
Soundgarden
Thin Lizzy
UFO
Van Halen
Venom
Whitesnake
ZZ Top

As I said the book doesn't give any ranking, but from the write-up's of the
various bands, it seems that Black Sabbath would be given no.1 spot, however
it's probably too hard to rank them in this way, as some bands, such as
Venom & Slayer basically started whole new genres of metal, which have very
small followings, & other bands, such as Bon Jovi & Iron Maiden didn't
really do anything new, but opened up Metal to more people by selling a
whole load of records. Anyway all this is totally Off Topic, so I'll stop now.
I'll try & get the BOC biog written out when I have some more time & I'll
post it on the list to save posting to numerous private addresses.