Coffee Warning - One thought at a time today

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Wed Nov 15 12:07:00 EST 1995

WARNING! WARNING! I've been drinking Torgo blend this morning.

Directory - The lurkers have spoken, have received several more responses to
the directory.  All those comming by [ersonal e-mail I'm trying to send you
a notification when your information has been added.  Really appreciate the
the attachment Charlie Grant is willing to make sure that an e-mail friendly
version is posted.  Charlie SLAP (Sounds Like A Plan).  I'll finish the
latest  entries and get it off to you for whatever technical magic your
planning.  Thanks.  To Chuck, the modified directory only includes name,
age, handle, primary band and e-mail address.  The unmodified version
contianed location information for a small group of people as that was added
well after the project started.  If people believe location should be added
to the modified version I think we can do that but it may take awhile.  To
Theo, yep I noticed.  Perhaps everyone reached for the coffee.

Lurkers - Hey I thought it was funny, was certainly intended to be, but I
have seen some valid reasons for why people lurk.  Thanks lurkers for the
education.  To Endre in particular, understand your situation but you really
need to take advantage of the good folks on this list.  Some really great
people here who are more than willing to help a list member.  Speaking of
people go back to the K qoute of Gene Simmons and Eyes.  Gene said kids want
to hear rock & roll not poems.  Eyes said something about BOC's slice of the
pie being tasty.  Well Gene was right but only when looking at it from a
commercial standpoint.  Give 'em what they want and sell millions.  Eyes was
more right as I think BOC and HW fans demand more from their music.  We are
into substance over style.

ETL- Though I may act crazy and appear crazy to a lot of people I knew my
reasons for not liking ETL as much as OYFOOYK was valid.  Yeah Al played on
the album but he DIDN"T SING D&S, and that my friends is why I'm not crazy
about that version or COF.  Sorry but for D&S the vocals is 90% of the song
to me.  Theo, yeah OYFOOYK omits the traditional opener Stairways but can
you really find any faults with it?  Not Moi.  And though Subhuman may not
have pleased the band much I think it is simply the Best BOC song available
on disc.  My carpool buddy and I took a real count of how many people we
introduced to BOC by playing the live version of Subhuman and there were
about a dozen of them.

Tape Cover Project - This could work, provided someone has the some of these
covers.  But are their enough of them to fill a 60 or 90 min. Tape.  Perhaps
we can do actual covers on one side and use the other side to represent some
BOC influence.  Nobody out there has the exact BOC style, nobody, but
whether its the lyrics, or some rythym or some poor slob trying desparately
to imitate the great Dharma there are some songs.  Lets compile a list,
interested folks, and then vote on those influence songs that should make
the cut.  Can we do this through private e-mails though so we don't flood
the list.  We can then take the committe recommendations out to the list so
those who want a copy of the tape can put in their bid.  My door and mailbox
are always open.

Call to the FAQ Editor - To the person unsure of how the Brain Surgeons,
Mike Watt and WoTT play on this list, two things AL IS IN THE HOUSE MY
FRIEND, he posts occassionaly so watch for his stuff.  Al is alos leader of
the Brain Surgeons.  As for all of the other questions you have the official
BOC FAQ editor is part of this list too.  You should contact him (John
Swartz) Or access the FAQ on the Net.  John Updated it not too long ago.

Off Topic stuff - Is anybody out there familiar with the bands Man-O-War and
Marrillion?  Just curious.  Browsing thru Best Buy wishing I had some money
when I stumbled across these bands (looking for any new/old Marino). MOW
looks like heavy metal types with SCI-FI/SWORD SORCERY theme.  Marillion are
they a space rock band?  Can someone send me an E and clue in the clueless.

To the BOC on the Rack - Did you stumble into Best Buy, my friend?  You can
get all of those and 3Pak at Best Buy.  Hawkwind stock is pretty impressive
too.

Whew, off to get more coffee.  Bye
AB