BOC Covers

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Nov 15 11:56:21 EST 1995

> > I've heard them do 'Love Me 2x' also, once on its own and once as
> > part of 'Roadhouse'
>

> ..and I heard it 'live' last night, OK so it was the Australian Doors but
> they were excellent/authentic right down to the hammond organ sound!
>
> Maxine
 Maxine,
 hate to quibble, but I'm pretty sure that isn't a hammond organ
you're hearing, unless that's a term you Brits use like we do Fender
Bass, which has come, in some circles, to mean any electric bass.
Ray Manzarek used portable keyboards like Farfisas, voxes and such,
which render a thinner, cheesier (there's old time U.S. slang for
you!) more mysterious and disconcerting sound.  I think a hammond
would've been too rich sounding for the Doors material.
theo