Kerrang!

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Wed Nov 15 13:28:44 EST 1995

>Al's overall influence over BOC cannot be denied, if you took Al
>and Sandy Pearlman out of the origins and early years of the band it may
have
>ended earlier or become a very ordinary Rock band.
>But still love 'em.

I agree...if I look at the quality of music on RBN and CN - I'd say that the
last "great" BOC album before those would be "Fire of Unknown Origin", which,
by no coincidence, was Albert's last studio album with BOC...and it wasn't
until "Imaginos" that we were given a gem of a BOC album, and again, Albert's
work as well as countless others on this one...

Although I consider Club Ninja and RBN to be #1 and #2, respectively, on the
worst BOC albums list, each album still contains its high points...RBN gives
us classics like "Take Me Away" and "Shark" with "Shadow of California" not
too far behind...Ninja's "White Flags" "Ruins" and "Perfect Water" are all
good tunes, but these tunes (except for "PW") are too damn light and "poppy"
for me to really enjoy...

from what I've seen, the new songs ("See You In Black", "Still Burnin'" etc
etc) are reminiscent of the BOC of old, circa Fire of Unknown Origin, and
kick ass...

ROBO