Karn Evil

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Nov 15 13:35:40 EST 1995

> > On a sort of similar note, I got some BOC articles today and
> > Bloom reveals in one of them that "Feel The Thunder" was
> > originally entitled "Sleep Of A Thousand Tears" and was penned
> > by Moorcock, but the other band-members didn't like the
> > storyline, so Eric changed it. I guess Moorcock had better luck
> > with the song w/HW.
>
> >        And "Sleep of a Thousand Tears" is a better song than "Feel
> >the Thunder".
>
> Confused.  Is Feel The Thunder, Sleep of A 1,000 Years redone or is Sleep a
> separate song not included on the album?

        "Feel the Thunder" in its earliest incarnation had Moorcock
lyrics.  BOC ditched them for different lyrics, and Moorcock took the
lyrics off to Hawkwind, whereupon Hawkwind recorded "Sleep of 1000 Years"
with their own music.
        Which is more or less to say that Hawkwind wrote a better tune
than the Oyster Boys on this one, or perhaps that "Feel the Thunder"
wouldn't be so hideous if they'd used the Moorcock lyrics (doubtful ;)

Cheers,
Carl