HWCOVER2.ZIP is now available

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Wed Nov 15 17:50:45 EST 1995

       There is another sample HW Covers tape insert available for
       downloading from  csgrad.cs.vt.edu  in dir /pub/boc-l  (same place
       as the other sample).  This file is called HWCOVER2.ZIP, and is
       about the same size as the first sample.  Once again, this is a
       PostScript print job -- send it directly (only) to a PS printer.

       For those without access to a PostScript printer, I can also make
       available just the graphics that are being used on the insert, in a
       GIF, TIF, or JPG format.  There are 5 total:  2 that say Hawkwind,
       1 small bird in a black circle, 1 takeoff on Space Ritual, and the
       centerpiece two-headed hawk sitting on the Earth.  This last one is
       left over from last year's T-shirt designs.

       The 2nd insert is quite similar to the first one, except the
       graphics and the tracklist have been shuffled around a little, and
       I used a different font for the tracklist.  I tried to follow the
       recommendations from Hawkjoe as my guidelines.  I also re-worded
       the BOC-L disclaimer, but I'm still not happy with that part.

       I *expect* that we will settle on a single format for all three
       tapes, with only the tracklisting and a "title" distinguishing
       each.  Each tape insert will be printed on a different color paper
       also.  The final insert can look like either of the two samples, or
       some combination of the two, or even something completely different
       (god I hope not!).

       Of course, none of this is finalized yet.  If you have an opinion,
       feel free to express it.  All comments public&private are accepted.

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at ccmail.sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com