Karn Evil

Andrew Gilham emphyrio at CIX.COMPULINK.CO.UK
Thu Nov 16 06:28:00 EST 1995

> > > On a sort of similar note, I got some BOC articles today and
> > > Bloom reveals in one of them that "Feel The Thunder" was
> > > originally entitled "Sleep Of A Thousand Tears" and was penned
> > > by Moorcock, but the other band-members didn't like the
> > > storyline, so Eric changed it. I guess Moorcock had better luck
> > > with the song w/HW.

Call me a cynic, but...  Wasn't Moorcock in dispute with BOC over alleged
non-payment of royalties?  Isn't it more plausible that he withdrew
permission for BOC to use the lyrics, because he hadn't been paid for the
last lot?

BTW, it always struck me as curious that by far the best lyrics on _Black
Sword_, and the only ones credited to MM, were also the only ones which
had nothing much to do with Elric... :)

- Andy