Classics

Robert Kohl rkohl at STATE.DE.US
Wed Nov 15 15:49:08 EST 1995

In a well-written post, the omnicient AB concludes:

>>>stuff snipped<<<
Now a teeny bopper who doesn't have a mortgage, who doesn't buy groceries or
a mortgage, who doesn't buy groceries or diapers would probably blow $100 a
day on music if he had the money.
>>>stuff snipped<<<

Perhaps the good doctor ought to award an honorary Ph.D. for such wisdom.  I
agree with this situation.  I, myself am in that situation and, indeed,
alluded to that back when I started the criticism thread.  But we may have to
agree to disagree on the money thing.  I stand by my position that even after
all the bills, mortgage, diapers, etc., we family-types still, as a
socioeconomic group, have more disposable income than most teenagers (unless,
of course, they're like the drug dealers that I deal with for a living, in
which case they make more in a week than I do in a year, but I digress).
Perhaps only a wee bit more, but more nonetheless.  However, I agree with you
that teens would probably spend all their dough on music if they could.
Can't blame them, I spent alot of my teenage paychecks on my hot rod (and a
bad mamma jamma it was too-ask me about it sometime) and insurance.

In summary, then, I agree with about 90% of your post.  But isn't it
interesting that our differences, though small, seem to be highlighted the
most?

Oh, one last thing.  I checked out the Circuit City and Best Buy in my area
and their rack selection was just as bad as the "pure" record stores.

-Dr. Bob
rkohl at state.de.us