Directory - Modified

Paul G Ward sonique at AARDVARK.APANA.ORG.AU
Thu Nov 16 15:53:43 EST 1995

> themselves as lurkers.  Perhaps someday someone can explain to me the
> advantages of lurking on a list like this, I just don't get it.  Do

Perhaps the volume is just too high for them? I know that I quite
often don't contribute to a thread because A) It takes my so long to
read ALL the mail, and I'm basically lazy  B) Someone else usually
has responded in the same manner as I'd like to, and I'd hate to add
a 'me too' to every mail I read!

Sure, I could kill all BOC and BRAIN mail to shrink my mailbox, but
I find it interesting from time to time. I've set up my mail reader
to move all BOC mail to a BOC folder, BRAIN mailto a BRAIN folder,
and HW mail to a HW folder, so if I'm too busy to read all my mail, I
can just delete a folder

Did I just inadvertantly start up the 'split the list' controversy
again? Doh!

Flame me not,

Paul

ObOrmaybe: They tried to use the listserver's filtering functions,
and it screwed up (as they are wont to do from time to time), znd
they now can't post ... just kidding--
Thought for the sleepless night:
  Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you.

Paul Ward        aka: Assassin Sonique'      .---.  __  .--------   Long
R & D Manager, P & C Micro's Pty Ltd        /     \( o`-,  -----   may
mail: sonique at aardvark.apana.org.au        ////    '~ (    ---   they
http://aardvark.apana.org.au/~sonique/    /////// :    ; ---   Fly!