Concert Review (long)

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Sat Nov 18 14:56:16 EST 1995

>However, the doctor
>recommends a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation for Mr. Dharma.  His
>expression never changed the whole show, and I just got that gut feeling
that
>the dude needs help.  Otherwise, that was the best "schtick" that I've ever
>seen.  Doctor's words to live by:  Its always the quiet ones that you need
>worry about.

that maybe my fault!!!  I think I made Buck self-conscience of the "duck"
comments I made in a recent online chat on AOL...it was purely innocent on my
part, and I thought that he may have picked it up from Chuck Berry...it was
cool with him, as I dutifully apologized for my remarks, although no harm was
intended in the first place....

seriously now, I didn't think he acted any different...he was still makin
them funny faces with his eyes, crackin' the knuckles during Cities etc
etc...don't mistake a guitarist gettin' into the music with a mental
disorder...Buck does a duck dance ala Chuck Berry, Clapton does a weird thing
with his mouth, and yours truly (the Stun guitarist from Central PA!!!) moves
his lips while he's playin...did you ever see the Edge?  he moves his hips
back and forth but usually he has no expression on his face whatsoever!  : }

>--Eric, looking like Jim "The Anvil" Nidehart (a professional wrestler) only
>skinnier, had a candy-apple red guitar with a white space alien on it.

yeah...you can also get guitar picks of glow-in-the-dark aliens...they're
pretty kewl...and he does like Nidehart, good analogy!

>--To ROBO: Sorry I missed you, dude, but I yelled for you several times from
>the balcony to see who would look up.  People looked at me strangely for
>yelling "ROBODUDE."  BTW, were you wearing a white BOC shirt with blue
>sleeves?

nope...I was the dude at the front of the stage in the biker jacket...right
in front of Bloom and Lanier...I couldn't hear too well down there...

ROBO