HW: ALIEENN 4

Martyn Lawrence martynl at FUJITSU.COM.AU
Mon Nov 20 17:20:04 EST 1995

        G'day
        Just Received Alien 4 and the ep,and I cant see what all the fuss is
        about.I think Ron fits in well with the concept of the album,and can
        only complain about "Beam me up"which is abit repetitive and sounds
        like it should of been in the rocky horror soundtrack.The instrumental
        interludes are not boring like some of the tracks on ET & ITBOTFTBD,
        they at least seem to fit.Sputnik Stan really hits the spot and reminds
        me of LSD,I like to new versions of Death Trap/Iron Dream and Xenonmorph
        has a really nice keyboard bit in the middle.
                Overall this is an album thats easier to get into than the last
        few efforts,and as Rob S has said possibly the best thing to date in the        nineties.It has been playing continuosly over the weekend,which I haven'        t done with a Hawkwind album since Palace Springs.
        Now if only they would bring the tour to Melbourne,with the Ozrics and
        ship of fools accompaning them.

        regards

        Marty

        P.s Has the Pink Fairies "Never,Never Land" been released on cd yet?