Coffee / Manowar

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Mon Nov 20 08:44:04 EST 1995

> >      That's correct, Charlie. Ross The Boss played with the
> > Dictators prior to joining Manowar. I believe he was later
> > involved with Manitoba's Wild Kingdom (and Dick Manitoba was
> > also a former Dictator?? I'm not an expert on this subject...)
> >
> > Chuck
>
> That's 'Handsome Dick Manitoba' to you guys.  He was the singer in
> the Dictators, a Pearlman/Krugman production.  I never heard of Wild
> Kingdom.  When was this?  Albums? Still in print/avail.?
> theo

Manitoba's Wild Kingdom  album "...And You?" came out in about 90/91 ish.
He was joined by most of the Dictators - Ross the Boss, Andy Shernoff (sp?)
and Johnny ????. The album is pretty excellent, fast Dics type material, from
the opening lines "Stop that whining/Cos you had a bad day/If you lost some
weight/Ya might get laid" right through to its conclusion. A stack of
references to older material (e.g. I live for cars and girls) thrown in for
good measure.

The album is notable for being the only full album I know of which is
_shorter_ than Slayer's _Reign in Blood_  :-)  it clocks at about 26 mins
(9-10 songs).

There was also a live Dictators album that came out about the same time. And
I'm sure I saw on the upcoming release lists on alt.rock-n-roll (for what its
worth) a new Dictators album sleighted for next year.

Tim

"Are you talkin' to *me* ???"                   Handsome Dick Manitoba