A couple comments on the BOC reviews

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Mon Nov 20 09:52:28 EST 1995

> 4.  BOC playing at small venues -- As much as we'd all like it, BOC can't
> play the large venues anymore because their fan base is too small.  Which
> would you find more depressing - BOC packing a 500 seat club, or BOC
> playing to 1000 in a stadium that seats 20,000?
>
> pray"  In the meantime, go out and enjoy 'em for all you can get (and
> don't forget to check out The Brain Surgeons - now THERE'S a band that
> would be on top of the music world if all it took was a great band with
> a great album).
> used, but certainly that's not always the case.  Take "Cultosaurus
> Erectus" - where the HELL did someone come up with that?  It's not that
> I dislike it, it's just that it certainly doesn't really tie in with
> anything on the album.  IMHO, the title of the new album won't make
> a real difference, sales-wise -- well, maybe something like "Old Farts
> on Tour" would be detrimental.  :-)
>
> John

John,
I too long to see BOC at the top of the heap where they belong, but
we all know of the fickle-ness of the music biz--good doesn't always
mean successful, and bad doesn't always sink to the bottom.  In
meantime, I kinda like seeing BOC in clubs.  When they were playing
stadiums, they were often real far away, when I couldn't get good
seats.  In clubs, you're right next to the band, and can see every
expression on their faces.  That's great.  Also, at clubs, there's an
excellent chance to see the band after the gig, to talk to them and
thank them for the show.  I've been able to talk to the band after
every club gig (about 5 i think) whereas when they were
superstars I never got to see the band in person.

'Cultasaurus...' was especailly bad in that the reptile depicted
wasn't 'erectus,' but a quadruped.  Bad title is one thing, bad
English another...
theo