Weak Coffee/Small Thoughts

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Mon Nov 20 11:09:17 EST 1995

> Buck's Playing - Buck is "Da Man" and has been for many years.  The great
> thing about Buck is that he has never really hopped around the stage acting
> like a beserker; I have always enfjoyed the way he just plays guitar.  He's
> getting on in years but he could really teach so many of the younger guys
> the proper way to play this instrument.  If Buck were to hang em up
> tomorrow, would Steve Vai make a good replacement?
>
> contributions on the keys.  Not to flame Eyes but we know he dosen't possess
> the necesarry skills to caddy for Buck on Guitar and he can't play the keys,
> someone will have too.  Save this cause you read it here first.
>
> Acer Aspire - 90 mhz, 1 gig and all the trimmings, nice.
>
> AB

AB,
Sounds like you still got some o' them beans in your system!  Steve
Vai?  If that wanker ever wound up a full-time BOC, I'd quit
listening to the band.  Ever hear the lyrics on his records?  Zappa
R.I.P., but Steve's carrying the freak flag for ya.  Also, Vai is
addicted to overplaying (though an asshole, he's a great gymnast,er
gtr player) while Buck is the portrait of taste and playing economy.
The truly great players know that what you don't play is as important
as what you do play (c.f Jeff Beck).

Manny is a decent gtr player.  All you need him for is rhythm playing
anyway.  BTW, in the old times, Eric played a lot of keys.  Haven't
seen them in 3 years--does he no longer play keys?  He always used to
be an okay keyboardist, and again, all he'd have to do is fill in
while Allen kicks ass.  Personally, I lke the group as is.  Why
introduce some new dynamic when you already have near perfection?
Total perfection, of course, whould be a reunion...
theo