BOC: Cultasaurus Erectus Revealed

Rudich, Robert A Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV
Tue Nov 21 07:23:00 EST 1995

I'll make one of my rare forays into the Oyster zone.  The title probably
does not refer to some ancient hominid.  Too high brow for one thing and the
saurus part is a definite reptile reference.  They could have done a much
better job if that was their intent.  Besides, drugs, archeology and
rock&roll never caught on.

Robo's take of powerful heavy beasts that walk and play upright is a good
literal interpretation.  The cover art steers that way.

However, this title always struck me as a very clever innuendo.  It doesn't
take much twisting to read it:  Cult of Soreus Erectus (the group inflicted
with an overuse syndrome oft aspired to).  A sly way to say the ladies have
been very good to the Oysterboys.  This was around the time of peak
popularity for the group and activity of groupies.  More in keeping with
their humor and the spirit of rock music.  Bang a gong, get it on.

When my mind isn't in space with Hawkwind, it's in the gutter.

Rudy

PS - I've run the simulations dozens of times and 1) Superman beats the Hulk
and 2) the Prepube of Steel crushes the wall crawler.