Looking for Hassan 7" and Japan LPs

M Holmes fofp at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Tue Nov 21 07:33:16 EST 1995

J Strobridge writes:

> > >so is everyone this side of Alpha Centauri.....
> >
> > Is the Italian version the one which was part of an E.P and booklet set???
> > I have that one but it's not for sale :-(
> >

> Regrettably not - that one was a free issue with Vinylie (spelling?)
> magazine and I've got that too!     The Italian and French issues
> were genuine 45rpm releases with (I think) QS&C sleeves (mini
> version).    Can't remember what the flip sides were

On the Italian one it was the guitar part of "Damnation Alley" and on
the French one it was "Fable of a Failed Race". Both releases were on
the Charisma label. Apparently there were so many around at the time
that they threw them at audiances on the British tour in 1977. I wonder
what happened to them all?

> (see discog) but
> next time anyone is on holiday in Italy or France it might be worth
> scanning through whatever the nearest record shop is holding in its
> back rooms!

Absolutely! These would be *VERY* tradeable items.

> jill

Mike "I don't have them either :'-(" Holmes