BOC Review

Ed Stenger stenger at MATH.UAKRON.EDU
Tue Nov 21 11:27:05 EST 1995

Duane writes
>   I have never been to the Edge, so I will begin with my impressions of the
>venue itself. The Edge looks to be an excellent place for a show at first.
>It is very spacious, as it looks to be able to hold about 500-600 people.

> As BOC took the stage,
>the flaw with the club's setup became rapidly apparent. The stage is at
>about the same level as the floor area in front of it, so as the many large
>leather-clad biker types forced their way to the front, it made it nearly
>impossible to see anyone on stage, except for an occasional glimpse of
>Eric's face and as Buck is not the tallest of people, he was virtually
>impossible to see at all.

I emphatically agree with Duane here.  This venue SUCKS! Unless they raise
the stage or else lower the floor in front of it (a more plausible solution)
I am never going there again. I made the mistake of taking a piss just as
BOC was starting. So by the time I got back, the floor in front of the stage
was packed. I cound not see anything at all. The security guys wouldn't let
anyone stand on chairs either. Luckily, my friend found a spot for us on
the side of the stage. We could at least "see" the band (most of the time)
but the sound quality sucked since we were behind the speakers. This was
the WORST BOC show I've ever been to. The show itself seemed great, but the
venue is horrible. The moral of the story is ... don't go to any shows
at The Edge.

---------------- Ed Stenger
                 stenger at math.uakron.edu

p.s. - I missed you Duane. I was wearing my Nethawks shirt and some
       dude asked me if I knew you. I don't think he was on the list
       and I can't remember his name (I couldn't hear very well).