Weak Coffee/Small Thoughts

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Tue Nov 21 11:49:16 EST 1995

>Hmmm. don't know much about Vai really except for a few songs where he has
>exhibited a lot of skill.

yeah, isn't he the guy that has some real wuss-like hairdo and thinks he's
hot shit?  or am I thinking of the guy from Poison?  I don't like guitarists
who think that they are Holy Than Thou....take Buck for instance, when I
intro him to my woman, I said "she worships Eric Clapton, but you run a close
second" and he says "well, I'm not quite as good as Clapton, either..."
which is true...
Clapton is the probly the best guitarist that ever picked it up (although
it's hard to say, given that guitarists such as Robert Johnson played way
back in what? the 1920s?)...and I never once saw EC have a "hey, look at me,
I'm a guitar God" 'tude onstage...I guess when the music does the talking,
you don't have to bother throwin' the guitar around your back ala Poison and
doing silly cheerleader kicks onstage...
(btw, appy polly loggies if I went way off course there!!!  must be the
coffee!)

>This band misses the Bouchard brothers.  I saw John Rodgers,
>John was good but Dannny was phenomonal.  However, Al & Joe's songs just
>don't sound as good without there vocals.  Eyes voice is unique to his songs
>as Buck's are to his, but neither of these guys is capable of doing a
>Bouchard song the way I'm accustomed to hearing it.

I think that creatively, yeah the 3OC misses the Bouchard Bros...but, from
what I've heard from all the conflicts and stuff, I don't think that 3OC
misses 'em in any other way...I think that if the original lineup was still
intact, we would be waiting on album #20 from BOC...
I thought John Rodgers was a good bass player, as well as a good singer...I
also agree that Dominance and Submission doesn't sound right if EB's vocals,
but it doesn't take away from being one of my favorite BOC songs to see in
concert...Eric and Buck harmonize pretty well...

>The setlist could probably use some adjustment also.

amen!  I can see not playing any Bouchard songs at the gigs, but c'mon!  With
a mungo selection of songs to pick from, there's very little changes in the
set...the last 5 shows were pretty much the same, only a few songs were
switched around...I don't think these guys get enuff rehearsal time in...

ROBO